Thursday, November 18, 2010

Memories

My grandparents loved me. I was their only granddaughter and they spoiled me. My grandfather was a carpenter, and my grandmother liked to sew and paint. So, anytime I needed anything, all I had to do was call them up(they lived 8 hours away) and make my little requests known. I honestly don't remember if I asked for the doll house or not, maybe they just made it for me? I do know at some point that I would think up things to get and call and lay it on them!

Its time to get rid of the dollhouse, and its so hard for me! Mark has been trying to get rid of it without me knowing, he actually commissioned Lisa to take it to Goodwill while we were out of town, but she couldn't do it(yay Lisa!). I've been trying to find a good home for it, and my sis-in-law finally came to the rescue!

So, without further details, I present to you, me and my dollhouse-made with love-by my Grandma and Grandpa Clarke.

Everything in the dollhouse is handmade! The furniture and curtains! WOW.
And for your bonus viewing pleasure a pic of me and some drawers my Grandparents made and Caroline with them now.


So, goodbye dollhouse. Its not really the dollhouse that I'm most sad about. Its that it reminds me of my grandparents. They both died this past year. Its been many years before that I was able to spend any good time with them. In these last years my grandma would always say, "we have our memories Megan". Here are a few of them, and I'm very thankful.

2 comments:

Mary said...

So sweet, Megan. A great tribute. (PS-I love your hair.)

Unknown said...

oh my gosh. i'm bawling. can't you keep the doll house? ;) don't let him take away the dresser! love you guys.