Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Baby animal book

Just waiting here. Trying to be faithful with what I have as I wait. Waiting on the next thing in this adoption hasn't been too hard up to this point. It hasn't been emotional. In fact, sometimes I look at Emma's picture and wonder what I should be thinking or feeling. I pray for God to protect her and bring us to her as soon as possible, and then I wait. I was hoping to hear from our agency yesterday that we got our last approval, but nope, she didn't call.
So, I'm a bit flustered at my emotion this morning. I was just reading an animal book with Judson and he kept pointing to the pictures and saying, "baby, mommy, daddy" After a few pages of this I started to think about Emma. These animals get to snuggle with their mommy and daddy and Emma doesn't. That makes time seem more important, she needs us! God did not intend for babies to not have mommies and daddies.
Some people have asked why we would want to adopt when we already have 3 children. Well, its not really about us, or our 3 children, its about a little girl in an orphanage, who will go to bed right about now, with no stories, probably not many kisses, and awake in the morning to the same.
Maybe this will be the day we hear some news.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

i totally get it. with all the waiting you've had to do, agreed, this stretch is the hardest. she is so in reach and yet it's so out of your hands. it feels like everyday is so precious (and it is). hang in there. once you meet her and she's *yours* it will all be in the rear view mirror. but oh, i know the agony. you're doing a great job.

words and streets said...

So excited for you! You're almost there babe. Can't wait to see her in your arms. Love you!