Thursday, September 1, 2011

A big day

Caroline and Lawrence started kindergarten today!! Since we moved I've been looking for a school to send them to in the am in order to learn the language. Surprisingly no one wanted us!! So many kids in school and a little afraid of 2 kids who look different and don't speak the language. But, after praying and keeping on it, I found a kindergarten that will take Caroline and Lawrence in the same class! Today was a trial day. I was anxious about Lawrence. When I took him in to meet the teachers, he clung to me. I was a bit worried how he would do.

On the way to school both of the kids were non stop talking. Caroline all but ran into the class and Lawrence held back. But, once we got there he said he wanted to play with the toys, so one of the teachers took him over to play and I left!!!

I was more emotional than the kids. It all came so fast, leaving the 2 older ones in school! The morning was so strange to only have the 2 littles around. We're only putting them in half a day, so I ran some errands and headed back to school.

I got there early and the kids were doing well. No surprise, Lawrence didn't eat any of the lunch, and Caroline only ate the rice:) HA.

Caroline didn't want to leave, and Lawrence was pretty happy. I'm very thankful.

AND we got our internet hooked up today!! WOOHOO. Very very thankful. You'll be hearing more from me soon . . .

PS. Can anyone help me with moving pictures around on this blog? It makes me crazy that I can't easily get them in order!!


The kids room



After I picked them up from school
At school after I picked them up
Caroline and I went on a wild goose chase, looking for a double stroller, this alley is a cut through to get to the subway.
Teachers and classroom

Walking to school
Ready to go! (the littles wanted backpacks too!)
Our new school.

1 comment:

words and streets said...

Wow! What's this?! A change if plans?! Or maybe I missed it. Really glad for you, it looks so fun and looks like the kids are having fun! I miss you friend. Am praying for continued adjustment.