Saturday, May 4, 2013

Goodbyes

We are getting on a plan tomorrow to come to the States.  I'm excited after being gone for almost 2 years, and yet its been bittersweet as we have, once again, had to say some goodbyes.   The picture above is of our neighbors and friends sons birthday party.  I met Cheryl one of the first weeks we had moved back in country.  I thought she was local and stopped her outside asking her if she knew our zipcode.  She laughed, and spoke in English and said she did.  She then offered to let me use her internet and has been helping/serving me in many ways ever since.  Her oldest is the same age as Lawrence and they have been friends for 2 years.  They are moving up north before we return back, so we had to say goodbye to them.  Cheryl and I both said that our friendship was a sweet gift from God that we didn't even ask for.  I'm very thankful, and sad to lose her!

Lawrence had to say goodbye to his classmates and teacher as they will all graduate from Kindergarten this summer while he is gone.  What a gift this school has been.  Some of you remember that last year our old Kindergarten wouldn't let us return because of, well, some behavior issues.  This year the teacher and kids were sad to say goodbye, and Lawrence himself was sad!  I'm so thankful for God's gift of this school and his work in Lawrences life.


Lawrences patient, helpful, teacher.


Christie, far right, has been our friend and teammate for 2 years.  She and her hubs will head back to the states this summer.  We will miss them much!  Our kids will too!!

If you read this some part of May 5 or 6, pray for us as we travel.  Pray for me to willingly serve, to be patient, slow to anger, and not irritable. 

Thanks!  See you next time from across the pond.

No comments: