Friday, August 26, 2011

Ducks and stuff

Just a quick update from a tea shop that has internet. Our new building has no hook up yet for internet. Its in the middle of a very old community. This am when I went out to run, I stopped at the gate to our apt complex to watch a duck being dunked in boiling water (both ends) for the couple that was purchasing it. Our whole street outside is just people selling lotus roots, watermelons, chickens and ducks and much more.

Would love your prayers for me to be content with what God has for me each day. Today included:

-man to fix air conditioners during littles play time (he couldn't fix it again)
-Judson pulling the drapes off the wall(remember this is a new place)
-Lawrences temper tantrums and slamming the door so hard that he broke a screw off the door
-clothes that smell like mildew
-husband who comes home from work early so I could come out here and see whats happening in the outside world
-time to focus on unpacking and settling and playing with the kids (time I would otherwise be tempted to spend on the internet)
-bubble tea and free internet
-Sarah coming over and entering the madness for a few hours

Will be in touch as I can!

2 comments:

cb said...

I saw a little boy at the store with curly hair today, and he was a bit of a spitfire. Reminded me of a younger Lawrence... so of course, I prayed for you guys.

Thanks for these little updates!

cb said...

(oops, that was Alicia.)