Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Off we go




Well, here we are August 10. Our 12 50 lb. bags are in the truck. The kids backpacks are ready. Am I?

I think so. Honestly, daily life with 4 littles plus the preparation for this move is so full that I haven't had much time to think. Some people have asked how I'm doing with it, and I have to stretch to think beyond getting on the plane. Probably a good thing. And, some of you are praying for me, I can tell, because I'm not dreading and not even feeling overwhelmed as I often do. Keep praying for me to not let these 2 areas of weakness, these 2 ways I frequently sin, to be allowed any room in my life. Especially for after we get on the plane!! Jesus died for me, for these areas that I go to when I fail to trust in Him. Isn't the gospel so freeing? That I can know myself, the ugly and not be depressed? That I can know myself and flee to Him who knew me before I was born? That I can find forgiveness and hope for change and a future apart from these weights that slow me down?

Caroline is sick. Poor girl spent her last day in America on the couch with a fever. She was up a few times in the night, her heart is racing. Do pray for recovery for her and for the others not to get it.

Lawrence is crazy, tired and the upheaval of getting ready and transition always affect him most. Pray for him and for me to have compassion and patience with him.

And as for Judson and Emma, they have no idea whats about to happen. Give them food and their blankets and they should be fine:)

We leave at noon from PA. We arrive in Detroit and meet a friend who is flying over with us and staying to help for 10days. Then we all fly to Asia and arrive at 7:10 am on Thursday.

We'll see you on the other side!!

2 comments:

Jamie Butts said...

I love you people.

Unknown said...

thinking of you and praying. jia you