Saturday, August 20, 2011

Pressing on

Wow, where do I begin. Its been fun to be back in my neighborhood after being gone for 3 1/2 years. Kids have grown tall, neighbors have changed jobs, and the same fruit lady sells fruit at the stall I used to stop at. People remember me, they can't stare enough at us with 4 children and say, "are they all yours?" They love kids so they want to touch and play with them all. I've loved remembering what dishes I like and eating them. Caroline and Judson love the food(most of it) and have been adventurous in trying new things. We've had fun riding the extensive subway system. And its been good to see that I can communicate some and understand some!

Its also been challenging. We left our double stroller in the trunk of the cab the first night, and forgot to get a receipt:( Getting all the kids to the street and waiting on a cab and riding in the back of a cab with all 4 kids is out of control. Its constant teaching about what is ok and how to stay safe from bikes, cars and getting lost. Judson is still waking up at 5 and waking up everyone else in the family. I get stuck when communicating because my language needs to improve. Lawrence is having a hard time with the food. When we are out to eat, if it is not something western, he just sits and complains. When we are at home he is out of control. Judson and Emma seem to be doing well, but are whiny and clingy. I'm easily overwhelmed and easily angered.

How can I communicate what I am going through? How can I share with you the struggle to live in another country, to live in the upheaveal of moving and packing and all the stress that this entails while keeping up with the laundry and feeding and training of 4 little ones? And how can I process this without complaining?

Do I think that this is wrong because it is hard? Mark said today, "life would have been easier if we just stayed in the States". Its true. Is that what I want though, easy? Is that what God wants? Nothing valuable in life is ever easy right? Didn't we move here for something greater than an easy life for me and my children? Isn't there a harvest that is ripe that laborers need to go?

Pray for me to think rightly and to go to God for help. Pray for me to abide in Him and receive from Him what He has for me each day. Pray for me to persevere even when I can't see clearly.





We met Jaime a few months ago after a service where we asked for help moving!! She was with us 10 days and was a huge blessing and help.

Caroline likes to ride on the subway
My least favorite part of our new apartment. Yes, that is a bright orange kitchen. We move Monday.
Emma in the cubby holes at our old apartment
Mark in the realtors office.
Groggy kids who were woken up from a nap.

No comments: