Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Caroline is 6




Yesterday, February 1st, Caroline turned 6. We had a party on Saturday and celebrated again yesterday and Lawrence just couldn't understand why she got 2 birthdays so close together. He kept saying, "we'll celebrate my birthday soon, right". Sorry good buddy, see ya next December.

I love having a 6 year old. Caroline is such a great help to me. She loves to keep her checklist and make sure she gets a "daddy dollar" each day. Its rare that I have to remind her that she is my helper and needs to act as such:) She loves to learn too, its fun to teach her, except when I'm tired or ignorant, and I say, "you'll have to ask Daddy that when he gets home".

I was telling her yesterday about how I thought for sure she was a boy. I just thought that boys were supposed to be first, oh and the fact that my mom was convinced that I was having a boy(sorry to out you mom). So when she came and the doctor said, "It's a girl" I was like, "really". He said, "we're you expecting something else?" to which I replied, "um, well, kind of." HA. I am so glad it was Caroline! I can't imagine my life without my sweet, helping, leading, reading, listening, playing, running, oldest daughter Caroline!


We leave in a week for China. We will get Emma on February 14th. Mark, Caroline and I will go and my parents will keep the boys, for 2 1/2 weeks!! Pray for all of us!! Hope to post while we are there:)

Megan

5 comments:

Mary said...

I'm debating whether or not I should show Katie these pics. Oh, how she would've loved to celebrate Caroline's life! Loved your response to Lala. And I am TOTALLY stealing that birthday cake for Katie's next bday. How'd you do it?

Anne said...

Is that Shaun the sheep!!!!!!!!!!!!My kids LOVE that show:)

Meg said...

Yes! I found it at Costco. Mark and Caroline watched it on Youtube when we lived overseas, so we were excited to find it:)

words and streets said...

You're leaving so soon!!!!!!!!! Aaaaaacccckkkk!!! So exciting!!!!!!!!!!

Leventhal Family said...

Wow! She is so big! I remember hanging with her on Koh Samui when she was almost 1! (That was a great vacation by the way!!!) Happy Birthday Caroline!

Can't believe you are leaving in a week! Yea! Are you packed? Ready to go? Praying for you all!