Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Famous Red couch photos and some thoughts on the heart

The Collins' minus 2 boys!
The 4 families from our agency.


Caroline made some friends with some older girls. Their families were adopting their second child this time.


The heart is a tricky thing yes? One minute I am praising God for ordaining this adoption for us. Really, I'm worshiping Him for arranging our lives to be a part of such an amazing thing, and for what it teaches about my adoption into His family. He saved me from my sin and took me from my father the devil, and adopted me into his family and made me an heir. I'm so thankful. And I'm so thankful for Emma, and the gift she is to me, and to us the Collins' family.

And the next minute I'm dreading the future. I'm worried about what life is going to be like with 4 kids. Yes, I do miss my boys. Oh, I want to hug them and play with them. AND, I'm afraid for life at home, with them all and how crazy it will be to try and meet 4 little peoples needs. And then I remember that God has always been there, he has always helped me. He has never left me not able to do what He has called me to do. And I see that my dread is actually sin, my unbelief that God will help me. It exposes my desire for an easy, 5 star hotel life, where I can sit and eat a buffet bfast everyday. It shows me that valuing ease and comfort is not a promise God has given, nor one that is worth pursuing to find life. And so, I'm repenting of my dread, and asking God to help me to trust that He will give grace for this transition. Of course you can join me!

3 comments:

brandiandmatt said...

Yes, joining you in praying those things, friend. Love you!

The Rogers Family said...

We received a referral of a 10 month old baby girl on Tuesday and were logged in tonight. She has double cleft lip and cleft palate.

I have really enjoyed reading about your journey to China. Hopefully we will be there late summer, early fall.

Unknown said...

Megan, thanks for sharing that encouraging word! Callie