Monday, February 14, 2011

We got her!

We got in a van at 2pm with another family to head to the government building. We were there before we knew it and entering a room with a dozen other families who already received or were about to receive their kids. It was surreal. Emma was not there yet, so I loosened up and took these pictures of excited mom and dad.

Caroline slept on the couch the entire time, missed the whole thing, but did not barf at all, so for that I'm thankful! She has been wiped out all day.

Our new friends baby was there, so I grabbed their camera and went and took a bazillion pics for them. Right as I'm giving the camera back, our guide says, "she's here". Next thing I know Mark is pushing me over to the door and this happens.





They hand over Emma Grace.




We are stunned.


So is she!

She had been on a bus for 8 hours, taken inside and handed over to us.


Caroline finally pepped up and started playing with her. Caroline kept saying, "she's so cute, I wish I could touch her!" We told her to stay a bit away so Emma wouldn't get sick! When Emma cries, and she does, she opens her mouth wide, with no sound, and then tears come. After the tears comes a quiet cry. She is so tiny. I told Mark I'm afraid I'll break her. She has given us some sweet smiles though, like this one.


What a doll! We are so very thankful to be at this day. Right now as I type everyone is sleeping. Pray for us as we adjust and pray for Caroline and Mark to regain health and strength. Thankful that you are sharing our joy with us!

17 comments:

Jamie Butts said...

I love her!! That last picture is amazing! Thanks for the updates. Ahhhh.... I love her! Praise God!

Heather said...

So beautiful!! It brought tears to my eyes looking at your beautiful family! So happy for you guys! CONGRATULATIONS!

Leventhal Family said...

Oh Megan!!! She is precious!!! Praying your first night together is going well...you are probably about to wake up now. Continuing to pray for Caroline and Mark as well. Have a GREAT day making things official. Congratulations!

Unknown said...

Oh, I am overwhelmed for you guys. Praying for these next few days. I love her already.

Unknown said...

Charles? That last comment was from your friend Emily. I must be logged in on C.W.'s google account. :)

brandiandmatt said...

SO happy for you guys! She's beautiful. We love you and are praying for you all.

scs said...

A bunch of us just ooohed and ahhhed over all those precious shots with Emma!!! It's so amazing she's finally yours! Glad to hear she and Car were able to play a bit. Hope you all get some sleep tonight!

Reidoutpost said...

Amazing! It brought tears to my eyes... the 4th Collins baby! And you already have something in common - the crying with no sound, just tears - you totally do that too :) Hope you guys feel better soon!

eva said...

Hooray! She's beautiful! Congrats :)

Unknown said...

she is gorgeous. such a nerve wracking day, isnt it? congrats.

words and streets said...

What a smile! What a day, sick and all...but God got you through it and I'm so glad you have her and can now hopefully rest and get a little acquainted. Take your time momma. Love you all!!! Praying!!!

Lindsay said...

Oh my goodness! The tears are flowing and I'm so excited! I can't wait to see her when you get back and know we're praying for health to be restored.

Mary said...

Love, love, LOVE your precious DAUGHTER!!!! Oh, Meg (and Mark), I am sooooo happy for you guys and for her...so wish I could be with you all to celebrate! Know that we're rejoicing with you in the same time zone! :)

Anonymous said...

Smiling through tears as I read your post and see pictures of your happy day! Daniel and I are thrilled for you guys! She is adorable and her face looks right at home. Praise Jesus for setting the lonely in families!!!!

Unknown said...

Come and see the works of God, who is awesome in His deeds toward the sons of men! Ps 66:5
Rejoicing with you!
Michelle & family

Jenny said...

Add me to the list of people who saw these pictures with tears in my eyes. She is precious, and I can't wait to see her in person. We have been praying for you all! Congratulations!
Love, The Manleys

therooddog said...

Oh man is that last photo cute.